This is an actual Radio broadcast from 1968 of KQV Radio in Pittsburgh on 102.5 FM. It is unscoped meaning that all the music is played in it's entirety. Just like you would of heard the broadcast back in 1968! The DJ is Todd Chase who has an excellent presence and the broadcast also features great news items and local ads. The show is uncut and unedited just like you would of heard it from the Summer of 1968. The only difference is that it has been remastered onto compact disc for modern day listening convenience! Here is a playlist of what is included.
1 Don't make me over -- Dionne Warwick
-- Ad for Silvermen's Clothiers --
2. I need Luv -- 3rd Booth
-- Ad for Triumph GT-6 & A&L Motors of Pittsburgh
3. Hot Summertime -- Billy Stewart
-- KQV Local News with newscast of Democratic candidate Hubert Humphrey spending 4 hours in Pittsburgh today making local speeches. States if he does loose the Democratic Convention he will fully back Eugene Mc Carthy for President.
4. Last Train to Clarksville -- The Monkeys
5. You keep me hangin' on -- Vanilla Fudge
6. Sunshine Superman -- Donovan
Ad for Nancy Wilson's latest Capitol LP and the Smother's Brothers Concert is coming to Pittsburgh!
7. Hello I love you -- The Doors
Ad for Dial Deodorant
8. High on a hill - Scott English
Ad for Johnson's Baby Oil -- Doesn't contain sun block so you get a browner quicker tan! (obviously before the days of Skin Cancer Scare :) )
9. Somebody Cares -- Tommy James & The Shondells
Ad for The Lettermen's latest LP "Special Requests".
Ad for Wrangler Jeans (which I didn't know they were around in '68!) You can get your Wrangler Jeans at Gimble's!
10. True Love Ways -- Peter and Gordon
More Local and National News from ABC News for this date.
11. -- National Anthem and sign off announcement of FM station 102.5 KQV - FM