This is an actual Radio broadcast from Christmas Eve 1967, over Radio Station WCFL "The Voice of Labor" in Chicago, Illinois. It truly is a great awesome flashback as the Radio Staff at the time as they do various broadcasting venues thruout Chicago on Christmas Eve 1967. Other DJ's on assignment includes Dick Biondi and Ron Christian. Here is a playlist of what you will hear in this vintage broadcast.
1. Joel Sebastian introduces different DJ's around Chicago on this Christmas Eve.
2. Joel Sebastian reflects what he sees around him at this Christmas 1967. Good and not so good.
-- Man interviewed that was attacked in old town by another man with a knife.
-- Woman interviewed that just suffered and survived a fire this Christmas Eve.
-- Girl reports on her 2 days in "Hippyland" as they change sex partners "like a game of musical chairs" and how she wants no part of "that scene".
-- Malatov Cocktail incident in Chicago.
Joel Sebastian ends segment by saying -- It just isn't all angels and icing this Christmas Eve! But Joel is hoping there IS a great deal of Joy where you are.
3. Song: Joy to the World
4. Joel receives various reports thruout town from the other DJ's on remote assignment for WCFL this Christmas Eve in Chicago.
-- Christmas through the eyes of Children
-- Talk of the North Pole
-- How do you feel about Christmas? What was your favorite gift ever segment?
-- Report from Old Town -- "Hippyland" to see if the hippies live Peace and love more then regular folks on Christmas Eve.
-- Great Random Call from an unknown Party just wishing them a Merry Christmas from DJ King Bee.
-- Singing songs of the Christ Child by Jerry G. Bishop.
5. Song -- Little Drummer Boy
6. Joel Sebastian reads a Christmas Prose -- "This is Christmas Time"
7. Song: Away in a Manger (Violin Strings)
8. Joel Sebastian attempting to call Bethlehem, Israel on Christmas Eve.
9. Advertisement for: Slicker Lipstick Dollies from Yardley (Girl with British Accent) in new vanilla White Color!
10. Mr. King Bee (Dj) calls random resident to wish a Merry Christmas.
11. Song: Santa Claus is coming to Town -- Frank Sinatra
12. Another Report on "Hippyland" -- With Joel Sebastian stating -- "everyone is now hearing the phrase "Turn On! Light Up! Do your thing!" Have the Flower People really gone to Pot?"
13. WCFL DJ -- Jim Stagg interviews a Flower Child about Christmas. Great Groovy Stuff Man! Definetly 1967!
14. Advertisement for Excedrin
15. Song: Silver Bells
16. Another Flower Child Interview on Love and Hate on Christmas Eve
17. Jingle for WCFL Chicago -- The Voice of Labor
18. Song: Happy Birthday Little Child
19. Song: Hark Now the Angels Sing
20. Advertisement for Coca Cola -- With Homemade Decorations in every Carton of Coca Cola. "Coke after Coke after Coke after Coke -- Things Go Better!"
21. Joel Sebastian attempts to contact Bethlehem once again through Long Distance and Tel Aviv -- To find out what is happening in Bethlehem 1,967 years after the Christ's Birth. And trying to contact an Inn Keeper in Bethlehem but connection is lost.