This is an actual Broadcast from 1962 unedited and you hear everything just like you did back in 1962! This show is from WLS Radio 890 in Chicago. With Dick Biondi at the Microphone! Who at the time was doing the 9 p.m. to Midnight lineup. The WLS 50,000 Watt Signal covered 40 States and Dick Biondi quickly became one of America's top jocks having a huge audience. Along with the great tunes of that era you will also hear some local and World Newscasts and jingles and vintage ads. Here is a playlist of what is on this broadcast.
1.Sign on for the Dick Biondi show with station ID and Station Incorrect ID by announcer introducing Biondi (woops!)
2.Instrumental Song –
3.Ad for Stri-dex Medicated pads to fight Acne blemishes.
4.Don’t talk about Barbara – Bobby Vee
5.Ad: For the Chicago National Boat Show
6.Slow Twist – Chubby Checker and Dee Dee Sharp
7.Ad: For Pepsi – Say Pepsi Please!
8.Dear Lady Twist – Gary U.S. Bonds
9.Weather report with chance of Snow tonight.
10. Early in the morning – Bobby Darin
11. Ad: For WLS Cry baby contest
12. WLS Radio – Lone Ranger and Tonto skit
13. Johnny Jingo – Hayley Mills
14. Ad: May Sons – Fashion Stores. Including Alligator Coats! Gator Trench Coat for only $22.00
15. Cotton Field – The Highwaymen
16. WLS News Headlines – Fall out from any Nuclear testing inside the United States will be kept at a minimum. President Kennedy has approved more nuclear tests. European Rightists have exploded more bombs in Algiers today.
17. Guitar Boogie Twist – Charleston Blackbottom (Great Insturmental!)
18. Good Luck Charm – Elvis Presley
19. Birthday announcements by Dick Biondi
20. Ad for Clark’s Gasoline
21. Patty Ann -- (unknown artist)
22. Ad: For Royal Crown Cola
23. You win again – Fats Domino
24. Ad: For Tackle Blemish Cream
25. The one who really loves you – Mary Wells
26. Promo: St. Mary’s church in West Chicago with a carnival.
27. The Alvin Twist – The Chipmunks
28. Biondi with a story of being in love with a female newscaster at WLS
29. Ad: For WLS Money giveaway with the news tip of the week – Win $25.00
30. Mexico – (instrumental) -- unknown artist – Phonetically sounded like Al Cayola. – Could not find any information on any such artist.